- ½ head cauliflower, cored and cut into florets
- 1 cup rough-chopped fresh parsley
- 1 medium tomato, quartered, roasted and chopped
- ½ cup thinly sliced scallions
- ½ cup diced English or seedless cucumber
- ½ cup raw shelled hemp seeds
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon zest
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. Place cauliflower florets in a food processor; pulse until it resembles rice.
2. Combine cauliflower, parsley, tomatoes, scallions, cucumbers, hemp and lemon zest in a large bowl; set aside.
3. Whisk together oil, juice, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
4. Add vinaigrette to cauliflower mixture; toss to combine. Serve immediately.
Yield: 8 (½-cup) servings
Chef’s Note: The tabbouleh is great all on its own as a light meal or would be a tasty side dish with grilled chicken or fish.