- ½ cup Blushing Crane wine
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon coarse salt
- ½ cup extravirgin olive oil
- 5 ounces mixed greens
- ½ cup dried cherries
- 1 whole pear, cored and sliced thin
- 4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- ½ cup chopped walnuts, toasted
1. Pour wine into a small saucepan and place over medium-low heat. Simmer wine until reduced to ¼ cup.
2. Whisk together reduced wine, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Drizzle olive oil into wine mixture whisking constantly until dressing is creamy and thick.
3. Place mixed greens in a large serving bowl. Drizzle greens with desired amount of prepared vinaigrette and toss gently. Top with cherries, pear, cheese and nuts. Serve immediately.
Yield: 1 cup vinaigrette and 6 salad servings