- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 whole jalapeño peppers, roasted and seeded
- 1½ tablespoons fresh chopped oregano
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 whole ears fresh corn, husks removed and grilled
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small muskmelon, halved, seeded, scooped with melon baller
- 1 small bunch radishes, thinly sliced
- ½ english cucumber, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, halved, thinly sliced and pickled
- 8 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
1. Puree oil, vinegar, peppers, oregano and salt in a blender until mostly smooth; set aside.
2. Remove grilled corn from the cob and place in a large bowl. Add tomatoes, melon, radishes, cucumber and pickled red onion. Drizzle desired amount of vinaigrette over salad and toss to coat evenly. Sprinkle feta cheese over salad.
Yield: 6 servings
Cook’s Note: Pickling onions creates a mild, sweeter flavor. Place 1 cup white wine vinegar, 3 tablespoons sugar, 5 allspice berries, 1 bay leaf, pinch of ground cloves and pinch of salt in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Add onions and cover with water. Simmer 1 minute and remove from heat; cool completely.