- ½ pound fresh tomatillos, husks removed, washed and halved
- 1 small avocado, halved, pitted, flesh removed from skin
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- ½ teaspoon coarse salt
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
1. Add tomatillos, avocado, garlic, lime juice, salt and pepper in a food processor; purée until smooth. Stir in cilantro.
2. Serve as a dip for tortilla chips or as a condiment for grilled meats, chicken or fish.
Yield: 1½ cup salsa