This easy sweet treat can be made the night before with local honey, of course
- 1½ ounces Valentine Liberator gin
- 1 ounce honey syrup
- ¾ ounce fresh orange juice
- ¾ ounce fresh lemon juice
- ¼ ounce Amaro Nonino (Italian herbal liquor)
- 1 teaspoon dried lavender buds
Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker, fill with ice and shake vigorously until all ingredients are mixed thoroughly and cold. Double strain into an Old Fashioned glass filled with crushed ice. Garnish with a sprig of lavender or an orange twist.
Note: To make your own honey syrup, place equal amounts of honey and water in a small saucepan. Place over low heat and simmer until honey is dissolved. Cool completely.
Yield: 1 serving
Recipe Courtesy of Matthew Ashley Bartender, Forest Grill, Birmingham