- ½ (8 ounce) loaf French bread (or other crusty bread), cut into cubes
- 2 cups halved strawberries
- ½ medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella, cut into ½-inch cubes
- ¼ cup chopped mint
- ¼ cup chopped basil
- 1 sweet bell pepper, roughly chopped
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ teaspoon ground oregano
- ¼ teaspoon ground basil
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Arrange bread cubes in a single layer on a baking sheet. Lightly coat bread cubes with cooking spray. Bake 350o for 10-12 minutes or until toasted. Let cool completely.
- Whisk first eight dressing ingredients together, vinegar through black pepper, in a small bowl. Drizzle in olive oil; whisk until combined. Set dressing aside.
- Combine bread, strawberries, onion, mozzarella, mint, basil and bell pepper in a large bowl. Pour ¼ cup of dressing over salad; reserve remaining dressing for another salad. Gently toss all ingredients together and serve immediately.
Yield: 4 servings
Serving Size: 2 cups