- 3 pounds peaches, pits removed, peeled and diced
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup water
- 1 cup mascarpone
- 4 whole peaches, cut in half with pits removed
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
1. Toss three pounds diced peaches with lemon juice and place on sheet pan in single layer; place in freezer until completely frozen.
2. Place sugar and water in a small saucepan over medium heat and cook until sugar is dissolved. Set aside to cool.
3. Place half of frozen peaches in a food processor with half of sugar syrup. Process until smooth; set aside. Repeat with remaining peaches and sugar syrup. Place all of puréed peaches back into the food processor and add mascarpone; process to combine.
4. Place peach mixture in ice cream machine according to manufacturer’s directions. Depending on size of ice cream machine, this may need to be done in two batches.
5. Eat immediately or place in freezer-safe container.
6. Grill halved peaches cut side down for 2–3 minutes or until the fruit has good grill marks. Turn peaches over until soft but still holding shape, an additional 2–3 minutes.
7. Fill each grilled, warm peach with a scoop of peach gelato.
Yield: 6 cups gelato, 8 grilled peach servings