- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- ½ whole red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons Mickey T’s Gourmet Seasoning Blend Taste of France (Herb de Provence)
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
- 4 cups organic vegetable broth
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can no-added-salt diced tomatoes
- 1 medium russet potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- ¾ cup dried lentils, rinsed
- 2 cups packed baby kale
Heat a Dutch oven over medium heat; add oil. Add onion, carrot, celery and bell pepper. Cook 4 to 6 minutes or until just soft. Add garlic, Taste of France, ¼ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon black pepper; sauté 1 minute.
Add broth and tomatoes to onion mixture and bring to a boil. Add russet potato, sweet potato and lentils; reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes or until potatoes and lentils are tender.
Stir in kale, ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper; cook until kale is wilted.
Serve hot with flatbread or over cooked grits.
Yield: 8 cups