- 2 pounds Jerusalem artichokes, peeled, sliced ¼ inch thick
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400°.
2. Combine all ingredients in a greased 2-quart casserole dish.
Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 1 hour, or until bubbly and golden.
3. Serve hot as a side dish.
Yield: 6 servings
Chef’s Note: Traditional gratin dauphinoise is a potato dish baked with milk, cream, butter and garlic. Jerusalem artichokes will make the dish nuttier and sweeter. If Jerusalem artichokes are not available, substitute with russet potatoes.