- 2 boneless, skinless Miller Amish chicken breasts (4 to 6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 slices Stone House 9-grain bread
- 4 ounces Farm Country sharp cheddar cheese, thinly sliced
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced and caramelized
- 1 medium Almar Granny Smith apple, thinly sliced
1. Preheat grill to medium. Coat chicken breasts in oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place chicken on preheated grill and cook 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until cooked through. Remove from heat and set aside.
2. Spread butter on 1 side of each slice of bread. Place 1 slice of cheese on each unbuttered side of the bread then top with onion, apples and grilled chicken. Close sandwich and place back on heated grill until golden and cheese is melted. Serve hot.
Yield: 2 sandwiches