- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 stalks celery, sliced on the biased
- 1/8 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup organic vegetable or chicken broth
A warm side of braised celery pairs well with roast chicken, pork or beef. Leftovers can be puréed with additional broth and cream for a cream of celery soup.
1. Melt butter in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add celery and cook for five minutes or just until tender.
2. Add broth and cover; reduce heat and simmer for five minutes.
3. Remove cover and return heat to medium-high; cook and additional five minutes or until most of the liquid is evaporated. Serve hot.
Yield: 6 servings