- 3 cups water
- 1 cup vanilla almond or soy milk
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon Madagascar vanilla pure extract
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup red or tan quinoa
- 1 cup dried fruit or fresh berries (optional)
1. Place water, milk substitute, maple syrup, vanilla, cinnamon and salt in a large saucepan over high heat; bring to a boil. Add quinoa, reduce heat and simmer 25 minutes, or until thick and creamy.
2. Stir in fruit if using and serve hot.
Yield: 6 (½-cup) servings
Chef’s Note: Honey or brown sugar can be used in place of maple syrup.