Dried fruit is a must-have ingredient especially during the long, Michigan winter
- 1/3 cup salted almonds, toasted and finely ground
- ½ cup dried plums, pitted
- ½ cup dried apricots
- 1 teaspoon fresh orange zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon Michigan honey
- 1 and 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 and 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
1. Place plums and apricots in a food processor; pulse until finely chopped. Add zest, 2 tablespoons ground almonds, juice, honey, cinnamon and allspice; pulse until combined.
2. Roll the fruit mixture into 20 (1-inch) balls with wet hands. Toss fruit truffles in remaining ground almonds to fully coat. Set aside on wax paper.
3. Place fruit truffles in decorative paper mini-muffin cups and serve. Refrigerate up to 1 week.
Yield: 20 truffles