Dried fruit is a must-have ingredient especially during the long, Michigan winter
- 11 tablespoons Calder’s Dairy butter
- 4 ounces Mindo Chocolate, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 7 tablespoons all-purpose flour, sifted
- 2/3 cup dried Michigan cherries, finely chopped
1. Preheat oven to 325°. Coat an 8- by 8-inch square baking pan with cooking spray; set aside.
2. Melt butter, chocolate and salt in a medium saucepan over low heat until just melted; remove from heat and cool slightly.
3. Stir sugar into melted chocolate then whisk in eggs. Fold in flour then cherries until just incorporated.
4. Pour brownie batter into prepared pan and bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Cool completely at room temperature then refrigerate for 20 minutes before cutting.
Yield: 12 brownies