- 1 pound dried mixed beans and lentils
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 whole roasted red bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- ¼ cup honey
- 3 whole scallions, sliced
- 2 whole cloves garlic, minced
- ¾ teaspoon coarse salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. Rinse beans in a colander. Place beans in Dutch oven and cover with 1 to 2 inches of water. Soak beans 4 to 8 hours or overnight.
2. Drain beans and rinse. Place back in Dutch oven, cover with fresh water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer and cook 1 to 2 hours or until tender. Drain beans in colander and rinse to cool.
3. Place Dutch oven over medium heat. Add oil, garlic and beans; cook 5 minutes. Add curry powder, roasted red peppers, honey and scallions; cook an additional 5 minutes. Serve warm.
Yield: 8 cups