- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 5 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons Michigan maple syrup
- 1 pinch salt
- 1½ cups almond flour
- 1 cup Michigan maple syrup
- 7 ounces 100% unsweetened baking chocolate
1. Lightly grease a 9-inch tart pan with removable bottom; set aside.
2. Combine cocoa powder, coconut oil, 3 tablespoons syrup and salt in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat for 15 seconds, stir and repeat until oil is melted and ingredients are well combined. Mix in almond flour. Press crust into and up the sides of prepared 9-inch tart pan; set aside.
3. Combine maple syrup and baking chocolate in a double boiler to melt. Pour filling into prepared crust and spread evenly. Place tart in refrigerator 6 to 8 hours or overnight. Remove sides of tart pan, slice and serve.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
Editor’s Note: At Tasty Bakery, Julie’s chocolate tartlets are prepared in mini tartlet pans and served individually.