- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium shallot, sliced
- ½ pound blanched asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 medium red skin potatoes, cooked and diced
- 6 large eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt, divided
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
Preheat oven to 350°.
Heat an ovenproof 12-inch skillet on medium-high heat; add butter and shallots. Sauté until tender and translucent. Add prepared asparagus, potatoes, ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon black pepper. Sauté until heated through.
Reduce pan heat to medium-low. Place eggs, tarragon, ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon black pepper into pan and cook gently for 3 minutes without stirring.
Place frittata in preheated oven for 10 minutes or until eggs are set. Remove from oven, cool slightly, and slice into wedges.
Yield: 6 servings
Chef ’s Note: A frittata is a great way to use leftover cooked vegetables and pasta.