- 3 cups fresh strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 3 cups fresh rhubarb, trimmed and cut into ½-inch pieces
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Zest of one orange
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup old fashioned rolled oats
- ½ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- Pinch of salt
- 8 tablespoons cold butter, cut into small pieces
- Vanilla ice cream or whipped cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375o.
- Combine strawberries, rhubarb and sugar in a large bowl. Add flour, zest and juice; stir to combine. Place fruit filling in a 2-quart baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Combine flour, oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger and salt in a large bowl. Add butter and blend with your fingers until the mixture is crumbly and well combined.
- Place the crumbled topping on the prepared fruit filling to cover completely and press down lightly. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until the filling is bubbly and the top is golden brown. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.