- 2 pounds heirloom tomato, cut into chunks or wedges
- 1 pound stone fruit, cut into chunks or wedges
- 1 to 2 bunches fresh herbs, torn into pieces
- ½ cup onion, thinly sliced
- ¾ pound local cheese, sliced or cubed
- ¼ cup vinegar (aged balsamic, red wine, sherry or champagne)
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Larges pinches of sea salt
- Large pinches of freshly ground black pepper
Combine tomato, fruit, half of herbs and onion in a large bowl. Add vinegar, oil, salt and pepper; stir gently to combine. Top salad with cheese and remaining herbs. Drizzle with additional oil, salt and pepper as desired.
Chef’s Note: Enhance your salad with other seasonal ingredients like fresh chiles, cucumber, corn, peppers, croutons or toasted nuts.