- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed of stem and halved
- ½ pound chestnuts, steamed, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried sage leaves, crumbled
- ¼ teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400°.
2. Place all ingredients on a rimmed baking sheet; toss gently to combine. Place in preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes, stirring half way through. Serve hot as a side dish or toss with pasta and additional olive oil as a main dish.
Yield: approximately 4 cups
Cook’s Tip: Look for fresh local chestnuts at many farmers’ markets. Chestnuts also can be purchased already steamed or roasted and peeled in a package in the supermarket as a quick substitute.