Executive Chef Jeffery Langer, Lansing Entertainment & Public Facilities Authority
- 1 cup minced carrot
- ½ cup minced red onion
- ½ cup marinara sauce
- ½ cup pesto
- ½ cup gluten free pancake mix
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 cups cooked lentils
- ¼ teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 medium onion, sliced thin, caramelized
- 6 slices fontina cheese
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons pesto
1. Mix all burger ingredients gently together in a large bowl. Shape into 6 burgers using a ½ cup measure. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet and place in refrigerator for a few hours.
2. Preheat oven to 400o. Bake burgers for 20 to 25 minutes or until completely set. Slightly cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before placing on burger bun.
3. Place on a whole grain bun and top with desired topping ingredients.
Yield: 6 burgers
Chef’s Note: You can replace gluten free pancake mix with regular pancake mix and nutritional yeast for grated parmesan cheese or almond meal.