- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed of stem, with ¼-inch-deep X cut on bottom of each
- ¼ cup water
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup mixed fresh herbs
1. Preheat grill and reduce to medium-low heat.
2. Place Brussels sprouts in a microwave-safe container with ¼ cup water, olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper and cover. Cook 2½ minutes on full heat. Remove cover and let cool slightly.
3. Place equal-sized Brussels sprouts on each skewer. Grill on medium-low heat for 5 minutes; turn skewers and grill for an additional 5 minutes. Remove to a serving plate and sprinkle with fresh herbs and additional coarse salt.
Yield: approximately 3 cups, serving 6 as a side dish
Cook’s Tip: Slice leftover grilled Brussels sprouts and toss with cooked quinoa, additional fresh herbs, toasted nuts and a vinaigrette.