- 1 green tea bag
- 1, 2-inch piece candied ginger
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup green grapes
- 1 cup ice
- Juice of ½ lime
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 cup seltzer
- Additional candied ginger for garnish (optional)
1. Place green tea bag and ginger in large mug. Pour boiling water over tea and ginger; steep 5 minutes. Remove tea bag and ginger; discard. Set aside tea to cool.
2. Combine cooled tea, grapes, ice, lime juice and honey in a blender. Purée until completely combined. Place fine-mesh strainer over a medium bowl. Pour grape purée into strainer, pressing down on grape mixture. Discard grape pulp.
3. Fill a large drinking glass with ice. Add ⅓ of strained grape drink to glass, then fill to the top with seltzer. Garnish with candied ginger.
Yield: 3 servings
Tip: Replace seltzer with sparkling wine or champagne.