Tested & Edited by edibleWOW Recipe Editor Pam Aughe, R.D.
- 8 cups chicken broth, divided
- 2 cups jasmine rice
- 1 whole dried bay leaf
- 1 ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/3 to ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 cups diced cooked chicken
1. Place 3 cups chicken broth in a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Add rice, reduce heat to low and cook until all liquid is absorbed; 15 to 20 minutes.
2. Place 4 cups chicken broth and bay leaf in a 6 quart stock pot. Bring broth to a simmer covered.
3. Place fully cooked rice, salt, pepper and lemon juice into simmering broth; stir to combine.
4. Place another ½ cup chicken broth in a small bowl. Add cornstarch and whisk until fully incorporated. Pour cornstarch mixture into the hot rice and cook on a low heat for 3 to 5 minutes to thicken.
5. Add chicken to soup and cook until chicken is heat through. Stir in the last ½ cup chicken broth as needed to thin soup to desired consistency.
6. Remove bay leaf and add additional salt and pepper as needed. Serve hot.
Yield: 10 cups