- 2 whole heads cauliflower, leaves removed
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- ¼ teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1, Preheat grill to medium heat. Cut cauliflower lengthwise into 1-inch thick slices from top of head to bottom of stalks; set aside.
2. Combine oil, lemon juice, herbs, garlic, zest, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Brush herb mixture on both sides of the cauliflower steaks. Place cauliflower on preheated grill.
3. Grill until each side is golden brown; about 10 to 15 minutes then serve immediately.
Yield: approximately 8 cauliflower steaks
Variation Ideas: Top with salsa, parmesan cheese, shmear of butter, tapenade, marinara sauce, or roasted red pepper sauce. Also, change up the seasoning with steak seasoning or blackened seasoning.