- 1 bushel tomatoes (about 50 to 55 pounds)
- 4 heads garlic, separated into cloves and peeled
- Olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 to 2½ cups bottled lemon juice
- 15 to 20 quart jars, sterilized per canning instructions
1. Preheat oven to 425°. Slice tomatoes into quarters, remove core and slightly squeeze to remove some seeds.
2. Place tomatoes and a few cloves garlic on a rimmed baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
3. Roast 20 to 25 minutes or until tomatoes begin to brown in spots.
4. Place 2 tablespoons lemon juice in each prepared quart canning jar.
5. Add tomatoes to jars (leaving ½ inch space at top), top with lid and ring and place in prepared water bath canner for 45 minutes.
6. Remove and let sit for 24 hours before consuming.