V313: Detroit's Premier Vegan Celebration
V313: Detroit’s Premier Vegan Celebration will be held Thursday, March 8, 3-9 pm, inside Eastern Market's Shed 5. The event will offer an entertaining, informative and authentic Detroit vegan experience, drawing a large and diverse audience to the historic market building from among the rapidly growing number of metro Detroiters interested in a vegan, or plant-based, lifestyle.
Featuring tasty vegan food (no animal products) and libations, music by local plant-powered musicians, comedy, games and veg speed dating, V313 also showcases a variety of vegan products and services and offers education on vegan living. Highlights include:
- Detroit’s leading veg-friendly restaurants and food trucks, including Detroit Vegan Soul, The Nosh Pit Detroit, The Clean Plate, Ale Mary Beer Hall, Crepe Day Twah, Shimmy Shack and more;
- Live music from Rosie and the Fellas and Once United;
- 50+ vegan-friendly exhibitors, many offering show specials, free samples, giveaways and door prizes;
- Presentations by leading local and national speakers, including Milton Mills, M.D., of the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine and Black Vegans Rock, and Mic the Vegan, prolific science writer and YouTube star;
- Lively panel discussions, including “Vegans of Color,” “Plant-Powered Women" and – led by VegMichigan and Plant Based Nutrition Support Group -- “Local Vegan Resources”;
- Fun, interactive games and demonstrations, including “Crazy Vegan Jeopardy” and “Cooking With Que”;
- Veg Speed Date, matching like-minded singles (additional charge; includes admission to V313);
- Emcee Cam F. Awesome, national champion heavyweight boxer, offering his plant-strong comedy and inspiration;
- Free massage courtesy of Irene’s Myomassology Institute.
“We're excited to bring this first major vegan event to the city of Detroit, whose vegan community is among the most dynamic in the country," says John Batdorf, event manager and general manager of presenting organization MI Green Team (MGT). "The issues are serious, in terms of adopting a healthier, more sustainable and compassionate lifestyle, but the event will be seriously fun."
Tickets are available at the door and online for $15 and include on-site secure parking. Advance tickets include $5 in concessions vouchers and entry in the door prize drawing. V313 and Veg Speed Date tickets and event details are available at V313.info. Follow event news and updates on Facebook/MI Green Team.
Date: March 08, 2018 3:00 PM-9:00 PM
Location: Eastern Market, Shed 5 | 2934 Russell St., Detroit, MI 48207
Event website: v313.info